lunes, 16 de abril de 2012

Running away on a Sunday morning

After some days without writing, I've felt compelled to get back to it again. Today I want to share with you today one of my pleasurable hobbies: to run away from the city and escape to the mountains. I enjoy discovering paths of the more or less wild areas in my region, as far from civilization as I can be: taking the car early in the morning with some friends and spending the whole day out, trekking all around. Of course, there is no need to do so every week: if you feel like it, there are many fine options, or you may have, for example, a busy day.

In my case, I'm lucky to live in an area which, though being an urban city, is surrounded by nice places where you can go in almost the twinkle of an eye. And today, this is what I did: with one of my closest friends, we went up the hill and tried some new paths for a few hours. Why? It's difficult to sum up: to step upon the earth instead of cement, to be shrouded by trees instead of streelights and maybe some bicycles instead of cars. And also, the strange and nice conversations which grow in an environment like that. 

A musician who also likes mountains (among other things, I suppose) is Joan Colomo. He is a catalan songwriter who makes music that is quite difficult to describe. He has a strange voice that can go from being soft and whispered to strong and comical, lyrics that relate to people and society or compare falling out of love with a dead vegetable garden. Anyway, he has something in his music that I am addicted to, and I had a very nice time on Friday, when I had the chance to see him live (again).

So, I think he should be the best soundtrack for this post with a song called "El fong i el llangardaix" (The fungus and the lizard), a song that talks about all kind of life: life that appears everywhere, life that conforms to everything, even lives that pass away. And the video that accompanies it reflects this forest magic, being shot in the Montseny mountains, not too far from home. Enjoy!


No hay comentarios: