domingo, 1 de abril de 2012

The curtain opens

Starting a new blog! Even though I know I'm really busy, even though I know the huge amount of time it takes, here I am. And being the lunatic on the grass! What a responsability... But sorry, I started a bit too directly, without "warm cloths", as we say in Barcelona. I'm a girl coming from this great city, born here, living here, working here. But if there's something important in my life, it's music. I have another blog (did I mention I am really busy?) called LibertadSonora, written in Spanish. At the beginning, I used to write about music in general, music news, nothing really personal. But after many attempts at making it better, even thinking of shutting it down, I decided it to make it more intimate, more mine.

And now here it is, this Lunatic on the Grass. A new sibling, written in English, to continue expressing myself on the internet, on my music, and sharing it with all of you, with those who are kind enough to read the words in this space.

So, I couldn't start with any other piece of music than the song itself: Brain Damage. From the album Dark Side of the Moon (1973), it's one of my favourites of Pink Floyd, a band which has always played an important role for me. Why do I like it? Because out of all the band's songs, this one seems to be crazily happy, strangely optimistic. And before someone starts saying something, I know, the lyrics are maybe not that happy, talking about losing your way in life, about falling apart from others, about madness.

In my case, I've been listening to this song since I could barely speak, and my feeling toward it have always been based on the atmosphere the music communicates. But anyway, all of us can get lost sometimes, and is there anything better than having someone waiting for us, even on that Dark Side? In addition, that Madcap laughing makes me think of a particular wild genius: the true lunatic on the grass. May that act as a tribute. Hope you enjoy. And welcome.

3 comentarios:

Lleonard Pler dijo...

I'll be looking forward to any surprises from this blog. Loved the design, for a start.

mariamontes dijo...

Thanks for writing (here too)! ;)

win a free iphone 5 dijo...

Thank you for some other informative blog. The place else may I am getting that kind of info written in such a perfect approach?
I've a venture that I am simply now running on, and I have been on the look out for such information.